Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Say Again...,Again

In an earlier post "Say Again..." I mentioned a tendency of mine to hear what is not said.

It happened again today during training after school. Prior to our session one of my coworkers was finishing lunch. Another coworker mentioned, "I can smell your onions."

That is not what I heard. I am not going to say what I heard. I knew my coworker would not say this particular thing, but yet I thought I heard it.

Later in the afternoon I mis-heard again. This time the same coworker was cleaning up the table and asked me, "Are you through with your bottle?"

And what did I hear you ask?

My ears told me I heard, "Are you through with your BODY?"

"No, I'm still using it. It's not ready for recycling yet!"

© 2008 Barry T Horst

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.


Please visit the Giveaway of the Day near the bottom of the left sidebar for free software downloads daily.

No comments: