Monday, April 13, 2009

Picture Monday, April 13, 2009; Notgeld #17

I decided to add the "Notgeld"logo above to the weekly posts that deal with my Notgeld. This logo comes from the front of the display book that contains my collection. The book was apparently made in Karlsruhe, Germany in the early 1920's.

After making my post last week I found two more notes from Wittgensdorf. I have scanned them and posted them above. It turns out that the 25 Pfennig note above is the same one that I linked to last week and commented that it was different from my notes from Wittgensdorf. I stand corrected. It seems that I do have it now.

The three notes above are from Hamburg. They are all "Gutschein" or vouchers. No I did not scan the 50 Pfennig and 1 Mark notes crooked! They were printed crooked. I guess there was not a lot of quality control in the various print shops "back in the day."

© 2009 Barry T Horst

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Please visit the Giveaway of the Day near the bottom of the left sidebar for free software downloads daily.

No comments: